The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) requires an annual audit report of the companies who provide services such as engineering, geotechnical, and surveying to the FDOT. For the past fifteen years, Brimmer Burek & Keelan LLP (BB&K) has been on the list of certified public accounting firms who have been providing this specialized service to the FDOT.
Our auditing staff prides itself on its ability to not only provide traditional external auditing services, but to actually add value to the audit by preparing management letters on internal controls and proactively assisting our clients problems or potential problems noted during our audit. We have the industry's practice management tools that enable us to perform paperless audits in various states.
BB&K is the firm of choice by your peers because your industry is one of our firm’s niche markets and we are dedicated to this industry and its reporting requirements.
BB&K has 50 years of combined auditing experience. As your auditors you can expect to gain:
- Experienced professionals that specialize in Department of Transportation Audits.
- Working knowledge of the new 2016 AASHTO Uniform Audit Guide, including any state supplements.
- Diligence in meeting all deadlines for submitting your audit.
- Capability of evaluating your accounting system to ensure it meets the Department of Transportation requirements.
- An audit firm that meets the required Peer Review Auditing Standards as established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Government Auditing Standards.
- A reasonable and competitive fee.